Customer's security is taken very seriously. The data processed by the add-on is NOT stored or transmitted to anyone for analysis. Not even the add-on’s owner.
The add-on however requires the following permissions for it to operate:
- Manage drafts and send emails as you. One of the main features of the add-on is to send bulk emails through your Gmail account. Each email will be customized based on data in your selected Google Sheet. The add-on requires this permission to be able to either send those emails or save them in your draft folder. The add-on does not have permissions to view or delete any emails from your account.
- Manage your basic mail settings. The permission is required to be get a list of email accounts you have configured in Gmail under 'Send mail as' . This will allow the add-on to send emails for your preferred email account.
- View and manage the files in your Google Drive. This permission is required to create a folder (for every merge) in your Google Drive root in order to save the merged letters/documents created as described in point 5.
- View and manage your spreadsheets in Google Drive. This permission is required to read data from spreadsheets in order to accomplish the customization required for each document/email generated in the merge process. Each row in a spreadsheet would result in a new email/document. The content of the email/document would be customized based on the data in the sheet.
- View and manage your documents in Google Drive. This permission is required to be able to create Google Documents during the mail merge process. Users want to write a letter once and merge/replicate it 100s of times with customized content.
- View and manage data associated with the application. This permission is required to save data related to the add-on. For example it needs to save the last spreadsheet id used. This will allow to automatically link the spreadsheet to the document next time the add-on is used.
- Allow this application to run when you are not present. This permission is required to be able to send emails in the background even when your document is closed or your computer is shutdown. This feature is used to schedule emails to be sent into the future.