ScriptError: Authorization is required to perform that action
If you get this error try one of the following solutions:
- Try Chrome in Incognito mode or a different browser (Ctrl+Shift+N)
- Restart the add-on from your Google Document Template by going to Add-ons->Mail Merge->Start
- Re-install the add-on (License will NOT be lost) by:
- Remove the add-on from Add-ons->Manage add-ons -> Mail Merge -> Menu -> Uninstall
- Install add-on from Add-ons->Get add-ons-> Search 'Mail Merge'-> Click on the banner -> Install -> Follow Instructions
- Clear your browser's cache & cookies. If your using chrome follow these steps:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the menu icon (with 3 dots on top of each other)
- Click More tools
- Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
Why did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening again?
This happens when you switch to different Google accounts on the same browser. For example you may switch from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com
To avoid this create a Chrome Browser user/profile for every account. Check the link below for more information on how to do this: